Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Motion Lights II

What kind of moron leaves motion lights in a dorm room!? Really!? If I tip my computer off my board trying to turn them back on - again - I am going to be seriously pissed.

And my roommate just came back. Complete with her skull that she made in sculpting class (which took me three times to spell) and a wire frame of it, which, she says happily in my direction, "It can look at you while you sleep." That doesn't even mildly creep me out anymore. The turtles successfully did that the first week of the first semester.

When she mentioned looking at you when you sleep, it reminded me of when my niece was younger and she'd come over for breakfast on the weekends (she still does) and she'd thump down the hall to my room, push open the door, and come around the side of the bed, stand there, and just stare at me until I opened my eyes and looked at her. She'd usually have a piece of Duplo train in her hands or something, and she'd slap it on the pillow next to me, usually hit me in the head in the process, smile and giggle, and then run back out of the room. Other times she'd poke me. Reminds me of how much I miss that little girl that I love so much.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz