Sunday, May 3, 2009

GAR!!!!

So, I'm going to flat-out say at this point in my life, I'm a little high strung. And some of the people that are supposed to be helping me to keep level are doing a piss-poor job. In fact, some of them are adding to the complications. Really. Including the wonderful conversation of "Molls, you're a chemistry major and failing chemistry." Which, I am going to say right here and now, that I am NOT failing chemistry. Nowhere near it actually. We can't all be freaking geniuses there, buddy. Some of us actually spend time outside of our room on the weekends, accomplishing other things in life and generally being sociable. We don't wolf down food and then run back to the room to hit the books again - breaks, generally ones longer than five minutes, are a good thing. I understand there's certain criteria that you need to meet and keep, that you have a GPA you have to hold, but there are plenty of people with the same thing, even some with a little more than you have to do (teaching certificate people take an extra course or two without the credit because of what they do, including student teaching in the area schools) so you are not in the boat alone, my friend. Get out a little bit. Smell the roses. Enjoy life. Don't look back later and say, man, wish I'd had a little more time to have fun and not be quite the workaholic hermit. I mean, I'm a little worried I'm going to turn into a hermit living on my own next semester, but I realize that I have friends who are going to drag me out of the room to get fresh air, sunshine, and gee, play soccer. I brought my softball glove back with me from spring break, thinking we were going to throw a little bit. We didn't. Ever. It gets annoying. Really annoying, because then it's like I'm the epic fail for having a life outside of the work, for going out on the weekends and exploring and experimenting (to a degree). And you know what, my grades aren't anything to sneeze at, either. And realize, please, that it gets annoying that you can do no wrong, that everything you do is perfect and the maximum grade must be achieved or else all is lost. Live a little. Be a little more flexible. You're only this age for so long, then it's gone and you can't get it back. Hell, you didn't even come to Relay for Life with us. And that's one of the best things that you can do.

But hey, I guess it's none of my business what you do. You're the one aiming to get into medical school. I'm just the one who's going to maybe work for the FBI, be a MythBuster, get a novel published, and possibly end up a high school chemistry teacher. Doesn't compare, does it?

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz