Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Things to Know VII

This is the fifth day of classes, and, unlike last semester, I still have all my hair, my stress level is below manageable, and I generally feel good about myself and the world.

I have not procrastinated yet this semester (except for the physics readings that are partially over my head, but that's being rectified this afternoon/evening).

I am in love with Neal Caffrey. This is the picture currently on my desktop. Courtesy of USA.



I have had a crash-course in Economics, courtesy of my BIDS class (Two Cities). It was rather frightening, and oddly reminiscent of my senior year of high school.

Next on the agenda is a crash-course in Sociology. Reminiscent of shades of Chep, from high school (though I never took it).

I synchronized my phone and my Twitter account, so that I now receive Twitter updates via text. And can text them. Now I can cause general mayhem wherever I go and report it, too.

I have what amounts to The Three Stooges (or a derivation of them) in my chemistry class and lab, including the guy with the horrible hair cut (or lack thereof, really) who witnessed my Moment of Brilliance. Probably explains why I can't look him in the eye (or look at his hair - I think it's longer than mine).

The girl who lives next door to me was creeped on yesterday afternoon on our own floor. There have been numerous meetings, one of those rather vague campus creeper alert emails, and they are now considering putting locks on our floor because we're an all women floor. Which would mean another key to look after.

Cinnamon Streusel Frosted Mini-Wheats make a pretty good afternoon/lunchtime snack.

I have a bright yellow note to myself on the back of my door that says the following: LOUISE!! If it's a MONDAY or a WEDNESDAY, do you have a SNACK in your bag? AND: Any day, do you have you NALGENE (either one) and/or your TRAVEL MUG for COFFEE/COCOA?

Said notice has been successful so far.

Murfee, the Focus, is currently dancing his little furry behind off on the rug. And tripped over the Timberlands and wound up in the hall.

I have started reading Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet as a bedtime book.

A Study in Scarlet isn't even my book. It was one that I borrowed from LaM's shelf in her room my freshman year of high school and never bothered to return. I have no doubt in my mind that she knows I still have it, but she hasn't sent the hounds after me, and she hasn't showed up outside of my door demanding it back.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Sir Arthur, and also Jules Verne.

Speaking of Jules - I brought my large, heavy, wonderful A Collected Works of Jules Verne with me to college, as well. My favorites include Around the World in Eighty Days and A Journey of the Center of the Earth.

I'm planning either a movie night this Friday for everybody or I'm somehow convincing them to get out and about in the world and go ice skating. I am, however, not allowing them to be workaholic hermits on select Fridays and Saturdays.

My plan (yes, I actually have a semblance of one) is to have my work done for Monday and Tuesday on Saturday, so that Sundays are mine to do with as I wish, including, but not limited to staying in bed until I feel like it while watching cartoons I happen to find, reading whatever novel I'm reading, working on some of my projects (including Murphy and Me) and maybe editing/sending out things for my novel.

So, in the eternal words of my mother - I think I got a handle on it.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz