Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally First Friday

I don't have a clue how I'm so productive on this blog right now. I think it's because I'm procrastinating on actually unpacking and putting away, and my Focus is still sitting out on the roof watching the squirrels in the tree next door.

Also, it's the first Friday of the school year, and I was done today at 12:10.

Also, this is the 101st Post for the Wandering Sagittarius. I'm kinda proud of that.

So, as you might have heard from the Focus in an earlier post, I did indeed get lost on Wednesday. Wednesdays are the days when I roll three classes in a row separated by ten minutes, and then the fourth (Stagecraft lab) within fifteen after the third (Two Cities). Last I knew, the Two Cities was supposed to be in one room - 201 - and I went cruisin' on up the stairs, and, whaddya know? The room is empty. Quick phone check: I've got five minutes to find this room, find a seat, and settle in without embarrassing myself further. So I go back downstairs, look around, and there's a class forming in 103, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't want to go in and ask, so I ask a passing professor, and, indeed, we are in room 103 instead of 201. Actually, that's not entirely true. Mondays and Wednesdays we're in 103, and Thursdays we're in 201. If that's not confusing on the first damn day of the semester, I don't know what is.

On the other hand, we might change the time for my teaching Seminar from 7:30 in the morning on Tuesdays to something a little later in the day. I'm awaiting an email for a link to times the professor can have class, and then if there are times that everyone can make, we'll do it. So I'm pretty excited about that.

I'd like all of you to take note of what exactly this room that I'm currently sitting in looks like at the moment (for the purposes of a before and after type thing, like on the Style channel) and it looks like this:



At least, in all of this mess, I have a place to sleep. Other than that, everything else is up for debate.

So far, I'm making good on my New Year's Resolution to stay on top of my homework and not procrastinate. I am going to continue this fine tradition (not the procrastinating) later tonight and tomorrow, and hopefully, if everything goes according to plan, Sundays will be just for me. Days where I can do whatever my heart desires - watch movies, work on some writing projects, write in my journal, do my Blog posts about my weekend (if there's anything out of the ordinary to write about, or maybe just the ordinary, too) or anything else that might come up. Maybe I'll let my best friend drag me to Tango Club, and I'll see if I can make myself go positively scarlet. But, that's what I'm aiming for. I'm aiming for Sundays to be my days. As everything with me, we'll see how this works.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz