Friday, December 18, 2009

Fall '09

I think I can safely say that this will be the last post under the tag "Fall '09" because, technically, my semester is over. I took my last final today - Organic Chemistry II - and, quite honestly, I really don't want to talk about the semester that I've had. I'm classifying it as the worst academic semester in my academic career.

Which, while there was always last year's classic of Molly's unidentifiable pain, this takes the cake.

And we're going to leave it at that.

On the bright side, my head cold has decided to stop screwing around and come on out. So, I can actually only breathe out of one nostril, and took my last exam while under the influence of Advil Cold & Sinus. And really, when the one nostril that doesn't wanna work right can't make up its mind to be stuffed up or runny, this is the end result.



So, if I look kind of miserably, it's okay, because the semester is over and I get to go home tomorrow. Tomorrow morning bright and early, and I'm going to shower at home because I ran out of shampoo yesterday and, I'm going home tomorrow.

Another thing I wanted to share is something called The Penguin Plunge.

It's a bit like a Polar Bear Plunge, only...well, we couldn't exactly do it someplace that you jumped in because the boat launch that the sailing team uses isn't in the water anymore, and this end of the lake is so shallow that you need to be halfway back to the Colleges from the State Park in order to even be up to your armpits.

So it was basically a run screaming down the beach in single digit weather and out into the water, possibly belly flop, and then run back up, still screaming, shivering, and feeling really, really good about yourself because your $5 entry fee went toward the American Cancer Society to fight cancer and help those who have it.

I was 1 of 104 (from what I've read) to brave the waters.

My sneakers, which have become impromptu lake shoes, are trashed and probably haven't thawed out. It was worth it, though.




And if we (my friend and floormate Josie and I - I am on the left) look cold, we probably are.

I'd like to take this moment, this one right here, and thank you the readers, for all your support and your comments. Thank you for choosing to follow the Wandering Sagittarius as she blunders her way through life, and as she meandered through her fall semester of her sophomore year at college. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read whatever has currently crawled out of my head and onto the page. Your readership and support...well...it gives me the warm fuzzies. Thank you so much.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz