Monday, February 22, 2010

Things to Know IX

Giving up something for Lent is generally painful. Giving up coffee is somewhat masochistic.

I would like to thank the moron who parked in the Jackson lot, who lives in Potter, and thinks that he really needs to have a never-ending car alarm that goes off at 4 in the morning for 45 minutes. Thank you. I love to be up that early on a regular basis.

My sister sent me a card in our usual funny (lewd) card exchange along with some photos of Mads and the instructions not to cry.

Didn't follow the above instructions.

I have a new follower on Twitter and a new follow here, so, welcome officially to the slight insanity. Hope you brought a helmet.

Drinks are not meant to be ingested through the nasal cavities.

Just missed my mouth and poured tea all over my hand but missed my pants.

I am no Shaun White.

The human ribcage is not meant as a landing pad for snowboarding excursions.

My cat is bigger than my professor's little yippy dog.

My dog would consider said dog as a "snack."

I wore a dress on Saturday to a semi-formal event, left the hair down, and felt like a young woman with confidence - even when walking in high heels.

Louise can't dance....It's more of a flail, really.

The topic of ice cream came up at the dinner table on Saturday - then pints of Ben and Jerry's - then if you could down an entire one by yourself.

I am woman enough to eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in one go. And I'm okay with this.

I also gave up ice cream for Lent.

I am Microsoft Excel Stupid. I find no shame in this.

For the first time (ever, I think) I will be reading aloud to an audience of people that I don't know, and who probably don't know me, but will have to see probably on a regular basis, things of my own creating for Open Mic Night.

I'm rather terrified of the previous statement.

If I'm feeling daring, I will ask the Fizziks Boy if he's going to the Open Mic.

If the previous happens, I may have a heart attack at age twenty. Or at least actually grow an ulcer.

I'm really bad at remembering to take my OTC stuff on the weekends at a fairly normal time (i.e. before midnight).

Ragtime is still currently kicking my ass to next week and back. Along with Bonfire of the Vanities and The Land of the Lost Souls: My Life on the Streets will join in the proverbial kicking as well.

I have a physics exam tomorrow in which I am allowed one 3x5 notecard with which to write anything that I want. Physics information would be useful.

I am incredibly tired at the moment, and tonight we are watching movies with a Spanish flavor for BIDS, and if there are not subtitles, then I am most likely going to wind up snoring. Which would be rather embarrassing.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz