Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crawling

I'm goin' in about twenty different directions today. First is the idea that I should do some laundry because, well, I'm running out of things to wear, but I'm not entirely sure of my quarter situation. Second is that, well, I should make my To-Do list and get goin' because that's going to be quite lengthy, I need to call my mother and tell her that, despite my efforts to call my boss, I haven't been able to get a hold of him to tell him that I want to come back to my job for this summer (this is my third year, is it safe to assume that I'll be coming back every year unless otherwise noted? Yes? No? Probably not...) and then I kind of got sidetracked with another let's check out literary magazines and think about what I've got that can fit where and hope to get published.

And that's where I'm at. I've got six tabs open on my Firefox browser, one being this window to type this post, and the others pertaining to the literary magazine search, and one pertaining to CMT and a music video that I like.

There are quite a few that I need to wait on for a bit, because they aren't online submissions and I have to pay them to even look at it (which seems wrong on so many levels, at least to me) but I think I might have found something. It's a sort of offshoot of The New Yorker and, after some deliberation on my part, and then some old-fashioned texting my sister for advice, we've settled on Definition being the first that I will attempt to have this place put up. It's probably one of the most powerful things that I have written, and...we'll go with that.

And it's sent. And now we wait. Actually, you guys wait, I gotta go do some homework.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz