Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Joys of J4

I'll be the first to admit that I really like where I live here on campus. I lived here last year, and liked it enough to stay (the single was the incentive, actually, but I think you knew that). However, it seems like more things have kind of, more or less, "gone wrong" this year than previously.

A prime example are the shocking number of days in which we don't have hot water. Oh, I'm sure by about 9:30, 10:00 in the morning there's hot water, but at 6:40 - not so much. Coincidentally, that's when I get up in the morning to get ready, especially on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tack on an hour and that's what time I'm up for the rest of the week. Even then, sometimes there's still no hot water.

This morning (almost afternoon if you'd like to get picky) there was no water, period. Broken water break (it's what it said on the note in the bathroom, if you need further proof, I'll trot my happy self down the hall and see if it's still there and scan it for you) and hence, no water. Sure, it sputtered a bit, and if I didn't have to be at call for my matinee performance, I would have probably actually paid money to hear the unfortunate soul in the shower when the pressure in the pipe ran out. My floormates sometimes amaze me. You're in college. You must have a brain, correct?

Well, maybe not.

Another prime example of why I love living here is my heat. Or, more accurately, lack thereof. I have called B&G, they have come and examined it, and called it good. Let me point out that not only is the hallway outside my room warmer, but, most likely, so is outside the building. And the sucker is cranked on 5. It's not giving out anything at the moment. So the giant blanket that I stole from my parents last month, that's not going home any time soon.

But other than that, life is gravy, and living on J4 is truly a joy. If cold water, no water, and no heat is all that I have to deal with in the grand scheme of things, then life is pretty good. I'll take it.

Which doesn't mean that I don't enjoy venting about it to the general public, but I think you get the idea.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz