Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things to Know XII

[I know it's been a while since you've had a decent list. Bear with me.]

- Strangely enough, I've got a handle on things. Really.

- I made it through my chem test yesterday night without freaking out completely, something that I'm quite proud of (and so is the woman that I saw at the Counseling Center).

- Physics in action is quite a sight to behold: Reaching for a tissue and tipping the picture frame off the printer and into the iced coffee, which then hits the floor and splatters everywhere.

- Physics in action is sometimes not entirely fun: Case in point - said coffee catastrophe.

- One of my favorite things in my dorm room is the photo of my sister and I - me in my graduation robe, her with her favorite red heels off, both of us under a tree on a June day.

- One of my other favorite things - the photo of the small child that is more like me than one would think possible, pigtails and all, as we sit on the steps of the porch.

- And yeah, the boys of Boondock are always lovely to look at.

- My sister may disown me for watching Glee. I'm fairly okay with this.

- My room smells like coffee when you walk through the door. This is due to the foot and a half stain on the $20 indoor/outdoor dark green carpet from Wal-Mart for when I moved in last August.

- There are worse things that my room could smell like.

- I'm not entirely sure why I can't access the site that gave me my blog background to search for one for my sister in exchange for monster cookies.

- Yes, I allow myself to be bribed with baked goods.

- It's the Townsend Bakery, what do you expect?

- You're probably all waiting to hear about the shenanigans that I got up to in Toronto because I couldn't tweet them. Patience. I'll get to it.

- Is it bad that I'm looking forward to going back to work?

- Fred has turn signals!

- I could quite possibly declare my minor today.

- For the first time in quite a while, I feel really comfortable with myself and my own skin. Not quite warm enough to let bare arms run rampant, but it's getting there.

- I'm currently in the process of growing my hair out again, because, quite simply, I miss the length.

- My winter hat is tied to the door handle to dry from its run in with coffee.

- I took both FOCI to Toronto - Murf came back with fur missing; my sister's is singed in more than one place. I think they did well.

- My current can't-possibly-live-without-listening-to-this-right-now playlist is as follows: I'm Alive (Kenny Chesney), American Honey (Lady Antebellum), Rain is a Good Thing (Luke Bryant), Hey Good Lookin' (Jimmy Buffett), Hell on the Heart (Eric Church), The Truth (Jason Aldean), This Everyday Love (Rascal Flatts), Drops of Jupiter (Train), 100 Years (Five for Fighting), and Smile (Uncle Kracker).

- The other playlist is one that begins with Lady Gaga and only gets weirder from there.

- Yes I listen to Jimmy Buffett. I think we've been over this.

- Hey hey. Tomorrow is Friday.

- And things can only go up from here.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz