Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oddities

Alright. Well, if I were to call myself a bit of an oddball, I really don't think anyone would protest much. And I was looking through some blogs and I found this really interesting thing on Picture Imperfect where she did 44 Odd Things About Me. And since I take those all the time on Facebook, and it looked kind of interesting, and is helping me procrastinate on my homework that I brought with me on break, I thought, well..what the hell. Let's give it a go. You might find something out that you didn't already know.

1. Do you like blue cheese?
Hell. No.

2. Do you own a gun?
Nope.

3. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite?
Cherry.

4. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Yup. With all the health issues I've had, I still get a little nervous even though I know nothing's wrong.

5. What do you think of hot dogs?
Another Hell. No.

6. Do you have a big family?
You have no idea.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Oh, this is easy. It's Santa Clause is Coming to Town which is one of those old stop-motion animation ones. Actually I really like Jack Frost, and The Year Without a Santa Clause, too. And those are stop-motion as well. The Heat Miser songs cracks me up still.

8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning?
When I'm home, coffee. When I'm at school, milk. School coffee can burn a hole through your car engine.

9. Can you do push ups?
Yes. My last fitness test I did 28 in 30 seconds.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
My spiral ring and my starfish pendant.

11. Favorite hobby?
Soccer, writing, reading, procrastinating. (Yes, I have turned it into a hobby...maybe I can convince my college to let me major in it...)

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
No?

13. What's one trait you hate about yourself?
My procrastination. Yet, somehow, I always manage to get everything done on time.

14. Middle name?
Louise

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
History. Cookies. Nap.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink.
Water, Coffee, Orange juice mixed with Cranberry juice.

17. What Is Your Favorite Holiday?
Thanksgiving.

18. Current hate right now?
I don't really hate anything, but I must say that the "asshat" is really making me ready to climb the walls.

19. Favorite place to be?
TTB

20. How did you bring in the New Year?
I was home. Watched the ball drop. Went to sleep.

21 . Name three people who might complete this:
My sister? Maybe. After that it's up in the air.

23. Do you own slippers?
Yup. Left them in my dorm.


24. What shirt are you wearing?
A blue tyedyed shirt from a soccer tournament in 2005. It has thumb-holes and frayed cuffs from wear.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
No idea. Never tried it.

26. Can you whistle?
Nope. And you should see me do cartwheels.

27. Favorite color?
Red.

28. Would you be a pirate?
Yup. :)

29. What songs do you sing in the AM?
Usually whatever's been on CMT as I get ready, or something from RENT if I'm having a particularly bad day. Lately it's been "Toes" by Zac Brown Band

30. Favorite Girl's Name:
Madaline.

31. Favorite boy's name:
Jack.

32. What's in your pocket right now?
I don't have pockets at the moment.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?
Derek Jeter's face Friday night when Bret Gardner almost got picked off at second, and then went on to steal third. It was absolutely priceless.

34. What vehicle do you drive?
A 93 red Oldsmobile named Fred. Car = Tank and I absolutely love it. And he's got some get up and go. :)

35. Worst injury you've ever had?
Oh jeez....um.....I guess it's a toss up between breaking my ankle and being in a cast for three weeks and having surgery and not being able to do anything besides walking and being upright for four weeks.

36. Do you love where you live?
Absolutely. And I also love the college that I go to, and the friends that I've made there.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
4. But since I'm away at school the one in my room doesn't get used much. And yes, I have a TV in my dorm room.

38. Who is your loudest friend?
Sasha.

39. Do you have any pets?
Yup. A cat (Pepper) and a dog (Corona). And yes, I consider Henry, my houseplant, a pet, because he travels back and forth to school with me. And gives me something green to look at in my room.

40. Does someone have a crush on you?
I think so. I really hope so. But honestly he's driving me up the wall with his inability to communicate. Or my inability to correctly read the signs.

41. Your favorite book(s):
I don't think I have enough space to list them all..so I'll just give you some authors that I really like: Terry Pratchett, Christopher Paolini, Stephen Lawhead, Suzanne Brockmann, Garth Nix, Margarite Weiss and Tracey Hickman..and many others...

42. Do you collect anything?
I do. I collect keychains from the places that I've traveled to, or through.

43. Favorite Sports Team?
Yankees. And the U.S. Men's and Women's National Soccer Teams.

44. What do you want played at your funeral?
Um... "Bright Lights" by Matchbox Twenty. And there had better be cookies.

So, I hope you found some things out that you might not already know, and you probably confirmed suspicions. Anyway, I really do need to go do some homework, so enjoy the rest of your day.

2 comments:

HaB said...

Corona is MY dog. She is simply boarding with mom & day.

Molly Louise said...

Out of all the 44 things on that list, that's what you come up with?

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz