Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alright

Kanye West wrote and sang a song titled Through the Wire because, well, his jaw was wired shut due to something that had happened to him to cause such a thing. Not only is my jaw not wired shut, I also can't sing for shit and my mouth won't open too far because it's so swollen.

I resemble a chipmunk who's been stuffing nuts in its mouth to prepare for winter. Only, it's the end of February, I'm a twenty-one-year-old human, and I've recently (Friday) had my wisdom teeth removed. After spending the first night in my college house with my Mama because the roads were too bad to get home, I've spent yesterday and today at my own house - most of today knocked on my ass due to Vicodin - and now that I'm actually with it this afternoon, I'm looking at eating more pudding for lunch, scarfing so ibuprofen, and cranking out this lab report that's due tomorrow. My calculations might not be correct, but I'm kind of okay with that. And it's only the first draft due, so I can go see him about what to add and what not to add, and what needs to be fixed. Same about the problem set.

What I'm actually kind of jumping for joy about is my theater class. We don't have class on Tuesday. At all. Because our professor is in Florida interviewing at a big university. Which, while we love him to death, his position at our institution isn't secure, and while he's interviewing here, he's also looking elsewhere. It's the nature of these things.

Anyway, I mostly wanted to let you guys know that I'm alright. Well, alright as anyone can be while on painkillers, eating non-solid foods, and looking like a furry woodland creature. Other than that, I'm still the same Wandering Sagittarius.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz