Friday, November 5, 2010

Things to Know: International Edition V

- The very large London recap post is in its way, along with an An Adventuring Focus post, too, because, well, we all that know that when I have both my Focus and my sister's, they can't ever behave themselves appropriately.

- I've made my schedule for next semester; the way it looks at the moment is that Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be stuffed until early afternoon, and depending on which fourth class I take, I just might either have only one class on Tuesdays or have that day completely off with a class on Thursdays.

- I think I can roll with that.

- I'm going to be the only junior in the intro Geoscience course.

- Can also roll with that.

- Should be a way to make new friends, gather some more readership maybe, and definitely recruit for martini.

- I've missed a bit of drama on campus - namely, the student governments bailing out The Herald because they seem to have under-proposed from BAC and might have to print fewer editions.

- And did I mention that they reflect nicely on the colleges?

- This isn't going to be pretty.

- I need to desperately go grocery shopping.

- That's actually where I'm going after I do this post, take a shower, make a list, gather my bags, and hike towards town.

- I also need to do laundry, mostly because I don't have any socks left.

- My mother arrives on Sunday for a week.

- This is very exciting; she's going to stay in town and we'll go off gallyvanting and such.

- The only issue is that I need to register for spring semester classes at high noon (my time) on Wednesday, so we kind of need to be here for that.

- I wrote about eight more pages in the novel, have the urge to write more, and really want to get this thing done.

- Maybe before the end of November, as that's when National Novel Writing Months ends.

- Which, if you missed the previous post, I'm not doing this year because I'd rather finish/work on something that I've already got started than start something I might not finish.

- If someone tells me one more time to chop that second to last paragraph on Murphy and Me to make it shorter, I'm going to tell them they need to go back to reading picture books and coloring with crayons - pull on your big boy pants, suck it up, and read it.

- If these kids are all in high school, aren't they reading textbooks, too? And textbooks, last I knew, had long paragraphs in them with not very many pictures the higher up in school you got.

- Oh, I feel like ranting. Maybe a little raving.

- And, in all seriousness, doing a post titled The Things I Learned in High School is getting more and more appealing by the day.

1 comment:

Connie said...

How exciting that your mom is coming to visit!! Coo!

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz