Saturday, April 25, 2009

Road Race

Today I ran my first ever 5k. It wasn't bad. I didn't keel over on the side of the road or burst into tears of any of that stuff. My ankle was screaming at me by the second mile, but other than that it was okay.

And wearing only a pinnie for a shirt is oddly freeing in a way.

Jumpin' in the lake was also fun, too, though it was, and I don't put this lightly, really DAMN cold! But once you got out it was okay again, and the breeze was really nice. It was actually really refreshing.

Then I went on to referee three soccer games in the span of 6 hours. Needless to say my legs kind of hurt. But I'm home, and the weather's nice, so everything, like it should be, is pretty dang good. And the $72 from today on the table downstairs helps, too.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz