Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memory

At the moment I'm sitting in my living room, in the rocking chair in the corner by the TV, and have tears in my eyes. Because out of the blue this memory pops into my head and I can't really remember specifics - the where and the when - but I have the important stuff.

The way he's looking at me, both his big hands holding my face so gently and telling me, sincerely with a warm, reassuring smile, that it's okay, that it's nothing to be embarrassed about and that it doesn't matter. And he's shaking his head, still smiling reassuringly at me like, "You really think I would care about something that trivial? Please, thought you knew me better than that." And it's the tenderness and trust in his eyes and so yeah, right now I'm remembering this and I'm crying.

Doesn't help that I'm listening to "Where Are You Going" by Dave Matthews Band and "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback.

I just wanted to share that. Mostly because it made me smile through my tears.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz