Sunday, March 7, 2010

Things to Know X

There is one week left before spring break.

Said week cannot go fast enough for me.

Why is it so difficult for me to do my lab reports?

I'm a chemistry major who's back up plan in life is teaching, doesn't have a first-plan, and hates being in the lab. Is there something wrong with this picture?

I go to NYC in approximately two weeks for class.

This will require me to move my physics lab - namely, out of my section (the night) into the afternoon. There is a good chance that Fizziks boy will be there.

I can't seem to find Murfee. I have no idea where he's hiding, or even if he's still at this end of the lake.

I had forgotten how much I like to ice skate.

It's becoming really difficult for me to make myself do homework.

I was a bad person this afternoon - I went to Subway to get some dinner because I'm more or less living in the publication sweet tonight, and got Dr. Pepper to drink.

This is only an issue because I'm not supposed to have carbonation.

On the scale of the three things that I can't have that cause pain when I do, soda is somewhere between a little bit of white pasta and a whole lot of white bread.

I filed the next batch of paperwork required for going abroad.

I am now in possession of an International Student Identification Card (ISIC). The photo is absolutely horrendous.

My room is a mess and I have no ambition to pick it up. It's a week before break.

Found out yesterday that my ex-boyfriend is dating the girl who lives at the other end of the hall on my floor.

They're both wonderful people and I have nothing against them but it was a little difficult to see for the first time.

Still haven't figured out how to respond to comments that people leave on my blog.

Would be helpful, when responding (or trying to) to said comments, if I actually looked for them or had some system of notification. One had been sitting in there for a couple of days.

Jimmy Buffet and Zac Brown Band's rendition of Margaritaville is absolutely lovely.

I blame my soccer coach for my being a half-assed Parrothead. That, and that CD on the boat last summer that was all Jimmy Buffet. I think I can blame that on Greg.

I love my job. Which reminds me that I might need to stop down and see if they got my message because they haven't gotten back to me.

I'm ready to go back to work.

I'm more than ready for Easter because I. Need. Coffee.

A trip to NYC isn't going to be complete without stopping at a Starbucks, and if we do, I can't get coffee. I'll have to get hot chocolate. Not bad, but not exactly a mocha, either.

Getting an education doesn't necessarily mean just college - I had the privilege of a crash-course in 93 Oldsmobile tail lights, replacing bulbs, fuses, where the fuse panel is, how to replace them, where the ticker is for the turn signal, where that is, how to replace it, and dealing with auto parts people.

Irony - Your car won't start start in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts.

No comments:

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script has to make sense, and life doesn't."

-Joseph L. Mankiewicz